Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Operation Christmas Child Project at Caughlin's house







IN MEMORY OF DALTON PALMER

Dalton was so very fun to have in class.  We all know that he liked to get others to laugh! My favorite memories of Dalton are the most recent events of Values class:  When we went to visit the homeless shelter, Dalton seemed really interested in, and affected by what we heard from Randy, the homeless man, and our guide Doris.  I love this picture of Dalton because I remember how enthusiastic he was to make an Operation Christmas Child box for a young boy, somewhere around the world.  He was insistent that this boy get a KU football!! 

There was a hard moment that I remember about Dalton.  When a few of you boys got in trouble for throwing things off the bus, Dalton was the first one to admit that he was guilty.  He could have denied it, or just kept quiet, but I think he wanted to "own up" and show integrity--something that we have talked a lot about. 

It is my hope that Dalton will always affect us--to offer a ready smile and laugh,  to try and help others when we can.. (to actually CARE about others in the world)...And, when you are in your moments of having to "own up" to something and show Integrity, I hope you will remember Dalton and do the right thing--for him AND yourself.

18 comments:

  1. DP always was happy and his joke about a deer was on point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how he always used to be off topic trying to make people laugh with his jokes and I noticed that on Sunday it snowed in November and I think of that as each snowflake is someone laughing from one of his jokes. This is how I remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dalton was hilarious in English last year! Even Mrs.Keopsel couldn't stop laughing at times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Dalton was always smiling. He was always the happiest person. He could always make you laugh even if you were having the worst day ever. He is the funniest person I have ever met!!!!! Fly high DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing I always remember about Dalton was his smile. He was so nice to everyone, always trying to make others smile or laugh. He always did the right thing and tried to do his best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I didn't know Dalton as much as other people did, he would always tell the funniest jokes when people were so upset. He would always cheer them up and make them laugh. Fly high DD!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dalton was always trying to make us laugh, and that is what we will remember him for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember Dalton was such a cheerful person and was always laid-back and never took anything too seriously. I think that these were very good qualities and everyone should live their life carefree and full of happiness just like him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dalton was a great person and an even better person. He kept every class alive. Even the teachers couldn't stop laughing. I'd tell u more but you don't need to worry about it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember that Dalton never took life too seriously. He was always joking around no matter what the situation. I don't think I ever saw a time where he wasn't smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dalton was a very special boy! Even though this is my first year at Collegiate I feel like I got to know Dalton very well! I had several classes with him! Learning Lab was the best with Tyler and Dalton they were always knocking over desks, telling each other to shut up, etc.English was also the best Dalton was always teasing me and coming over to my desk and telling me the weirdest things! All I could do is laugh! Dalton will be truly missed and is forever and always in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shout out to all the pears

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember him making funny jokes that he told over and over and over again, but they made him who he was. He made our science class so much more fun, and our 7th grade year something to remember. I will never forget showing up at his parents barn with Ashley and trying to hide from him, to prevent awkwardness, on horses. No matter what was happening, Dalton never took life seriously. He was always making jokes and smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dalton Palmer was halarious! He was always happy and was nice to everyone. He was definitely one of my best friends. I will miss him and will remember him forever! FLY HIGH DD ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dalton was a great friend and always made me laugh! When I was having a horrible day he would always make me feel better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dalton was the most silly person I know. He was always doing something at the perfect time that might get himself in trouble, but he would always cheer the hearts of others.

    ReplyDelete