Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Honesty Journal Questions

1. When has it been hard for you to be honest? 

2. Have you ever lied at first but later told the truth? Explain. 

3. What are ways that your honesty can affect someone? 

4. What does honesty mean to you?

5. How can being honest affect you in the future?

6. Is it okay to lie to spare someones feelings? Explain. 

10 comments:

  1. 1.Always
    2.Yes, I don't remember
    3.It can hurt their feelings, or it can make them feel good
    4.Telling the truth
    5.People will trust you more
    6.Sometimes, like if you really think it is best for them

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. when my mom asked what grade I got on a math test
    2. I once told my mom I got a 92 but later i told her I got a 91
    3. it can change them to a more trustworthy person
    4. it means telling people the FULL truth
    5. it can affect you by helping you make good decisions for the rest of your life.
    6. I think it is. Sometimes you have to lie to make others happy, and to make sure they feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. When I do things I known I'm not supposed to do
    2. probably, but i don't remember
    3. it could make them trust you
    4. being truthful about everything, even when its not
    always good
    5. if someone wants to trust you, and they know you
    are always honest then they will trust you
    6. yes, but only if it is a very small lie

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. When I'm going to get in trouble
    2. Yes I lied about eating breakfast because I didn't want my mom to get mad at me for not eating breakfast but then she saw that the bowl wasn't in the sink and I told her
    3. They will have more trust for you
    4. It means being able to trust someone
    5. If you lie about a test in college and they find out about it you may not get your degree
    6. Yes as long as it's not a big lie because sometimes the truth it too hurtful

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. When I did something I wasnt suppose to do
    2. Yes I think so
    3. It could help them know the truth
    4. It is telling the truth
    5. If you tell a lie to someone and they figure out it could effect your friendship
    6. Yes if it is not a big lie

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Whenever I think if I tell the truth, I'll get in more trouble.
    2. I said I brushed my teeth then I told my mom that I actually didn't.
    3. It can make someone not waste their time trying to find the real truth.
    4. Honesty mean being trusted by someone.
    5. If someone knows that you always lie then they are not going to trust you in the future.
    6. Yes, because if someone fell off a bike and was bleeding badly then you don't want to freak them out by saying you are losing a lot of blood. Another way can be if someone asks you how their clothes look and you don't want to make them feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. whenever I know I can get away with it
    2. yes I told my mom I was done with my homework but then she asked me later because she looked on the homework hotline and so I told her I didn't
    3. you can make them trust you and want to be your friend
    4. It means telling the truth no matter the consequences
    5. at the moment you might get in trouble but in the long run people will trust you to do things they don't trust anyone else with
    6. I think that there are some times where lying to spare someones feelings about something small is ok because if that makes them happier and it doesn't hurt anyone

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes
    yes it was hard to tell the truth but in the end it was worth it if you dont lie it might not make them as mad if you do t tel the truuth a

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. When I went to the pond instead biking around the neighborhood.
    2. Probably but I don't recall any times.
    3. They will trust you more
    4. Telling the truth for others and yourself
    5. It can make you a trustworthy person and maybe get a better privilege in life.
    6. Yes and no, because if it wasn't something that important you could lie on occasions, but if it was something important you should tell the truth











    YEE

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. It is hard to be honest when it is something really big that you messed up on and you don't want to get in a bunch of trouble.
    2. Yes, I told my mom I was tired and went to my room and she later found out that I got a bad grade on a test.
    3. They can respect you in a different way, this can happen by always telling the truth first before making lie after lie.
    4. Honesty means to me that you have to have integrity and fessing up to what you did wrong to your peers.
    5. When people trust you they will believe probably one side of the story better than the other side.
    6. It isn't okay to lie to spare someones feelings because they will believe the first thing you said and then they will ask you, but when you tell them something different when they ask again, this will probably hurt their feelings and personal confidence.

    ReplyDelete