Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Empathy Quotes


Empathy is like giving someone a psychological HUG!

When you start to develop your powers of empathy and imagination, the whole world opens up to you.

See with the eyes of another, listen with the ears of another, and feel with the heart of another.

In some cases, empathy is better than sympathy.

Anyone who has experienced a certain amount of loss in their life has empathy for those who have experienced loss.

I always think that if you look at anyone in detail, you will have empathy for them because you recognize them as a human being, no matter what they’ve done.

Empathy is the love fire of sweet remembrance and shared understanding.

12 comments:

  1. A way you might use empathy is when in sports a player loses their starting position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around someone like my sister, Allie. I don't want people to say, "Wow, I am so sorry that your life is so hard!" Because you don't honestly know! I am blessed with an amazing sister! Empathy shows when people come up to us and say, "I just think your family is absolutely amazing! You guys are warriors!" It shows that they care about my situation, instead of feeling sorry for something they wont understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can use empathy when someone is left out you can lift them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister was in the hospital this year. She was staying in the kids department. There were so many kids who were really having problems. I felt so bad for the kids. It felt so much better though when I could reach out and see what they like. I talked with some of them while I was there. They seemed like they still enjoyed life and they didn't even notice. This was when they were in the kids room. I guessed that maybe they put their problems behind them when they were doing something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can help people when they are chosen last in something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you could use empathy for people who get embarrassed in public.

    ReplyDelete
  7. like trying to play in the wheelchair torament to learn how hard it is to do it

    ReplyDelete
  8. One way you could use empathy is when someone is disabled, or in a wheelchair, and instead of staring and just saying hi, you could walk over to them, give them a little gift, ask them how they are doing. Do whatever you can to make them feel good about themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. empathy is like walking in someone else's shoes

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have empathy when you know what they are going through and you have been in the same situation before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could show empathy if someone is really sick you could go and ask them how they are doing or just make them feel more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete