Two things:
1. If one of these quotes is one you submitted, please claim it on the blog:
If honesty isn't kind, it's the wrong kind.
AND
An honest man will receive neither money nor praise that is not his due. -Benjamin Franklin
2. Here's the question on the movie Hoosiers for your group to answer on the blog. Answer all four parts please!
Coach Dale gave his players only one chance to follow his instructions; if they didn't they were out of the game.
a. Do you agree or disagree?
b. Why or why not?
c. What, other than the game of basketball, was he trying to teach them?
d. Give me ONE thing he was trying to teach and the scene that illustrates it.
Best group answer wins a prize!
I agree, coach Dale wanted them to learn to obey him. Coach Dale was trying to teach them about life. When coach Dale purposely got kicked out of the game so Shooter could coach. I think that he was trying to teach him to be courageous and to step up for his son and carry them through.
ReplyDelete-Michael
I agree because he proved his point, and made them work as a team so one individual didn't stand out. They also wouldn't make the same mistake twice. It made them trust and respect the coach. They were taught teamwork, especially in the scene were Ollie turned over the ball twice in a row, and they weren't mean to him and they had to work together to accomplish what they did.
ReplyDelete-Allie
I agree because if you don't want to do what the Coach said and not follow instructions you shouldn't be on the team. They also needed that because they were lacking respect and had too much confidence.
ReplyDelete-Emma's group
W agree because when you are told to do something you are expected respect the decision and follow through. You are not the coach you are the player and you have to respect you coach's decision.
ReplyDelete-Caleb's Group
I think the first one might me mine?
ReplyDeleteRiley Sh.
If honesty isn't kind, it's the wrong kind.
I think the first one might me mine?
ReplyDeleteRiley Sh.
If honesty isn't kind, it's the wrong kind.