Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This week's quote AND Rudy posting!

First things first - if you watched the game last night, hopefully you can tell by the color scheme, I am not a fair-weather fan!  :)

Next,  the Quote of the Week this week is:

They may not remember what you said, but they will always remember the way you made them feel.
Claim it by blog if it is yours!

Finally, here is the question for your group to answer here on the blog.  Using the sheet you have been working on, prepare and answer the following question FROM YOUR WHOLE GROUP.  Be sure to include everyone's name in your answer.  The question:
There are many, many values in the movie Rudy.  Take ONE of the quotes on the first page and do the following:
(1.)  Rewrite the quote here.
(2.)  Tell me who said it and what was happening when they said it.
(3.)  Explain what the quote means.
(4.) And last, but most important - do you agree or disagree and WHY!
There is a prize involved.  Hmmm...

6 comments:

  1. Nia Bryanna Jamie Sean

    1. You're an all-american and the captaing of our team. "Act like it." "I believe i am."

    2.The coach said it. They were having football practice and the captain wasnt doing what the coach would have done so the coach yelled at him

    3. THis quote is saying that you should stand up for what you believe and people will think higher of you. When the captain answered back "I believe I am" the coach wasnt expecting it but people respected him after that.

    4. Our group completely agrees in what the captain did because it was the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you had half of Rudy's heart and desire, you'd be All-Conference."

    Notre Dame Coach

    If his teammates had his heart they would be better than they already were.

    Yes, we agree, because hard work pays off. You have to have desire to be big.

    Daniel, Alex, Andrew, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austin Ben Emma Madi

    1.I wish God would put your heart in some of my players.

    2.The coach, He said Rudy could be on the team

    3. If his players had more heart they would be a better team.

    4. Our group agrees you need to have a heart to be truly good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an All American and the captain of our team act like it. I believe I am
    Dan Devine and Number 21 said and what was happening was that he was giving up his spot so that Rudy could suit up.
    The quote means that he would rather Rudy play one game then him play his last game.
    We completely agree because he was so kind to give up his spot for Rudy
    Caleb,Lillian,and Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You're an All-American and the captian of our team. Act like it. "I believe i am.

    Dan Devine said it and number 21 was giving up his position as starter so rudy would get to play like he was promised.

    The Quote means that to do the right thing sometimes you have to give up something imiportant to yourself.

    Our group agree because it was very noble of him to give up his startimg position just so rudy would play.
    Levi,Kendall,Ally,Cameron,and Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I'll try harder. I'll study twenty hours a day if I have too... My whole life people have been telling me what I could do and I couldn't do... I've always believed them... belived in what they said. I don't want to do that anymore..."

    Rudy said this

    Rudy was talking to the coach about wanting to play in the game.

    Yes we agree

    we agree because this showed the value of perseverence. This was a fantastic quality the Rudy possessed, and showed throughout the movie while he was finding himself, This was a continuous there throughout the movie.

    Allie, Megan, Jack, Sam, Kendall

    ReplyDelete